Sadly, I have to create this policy. Even though it is pretty common sense, there are those that need the direction, so here it is.
- Reader comments and lively debate are elements critical to any successful blog. We strongly encourage both, however, we require that any and all discourse remain civil.
- Spam and advertising of any kind via comments will be removed. If you’re attempting to game this blog you’re wasting your time.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be immediately deleted.
- Off topic comments will be deleted immediately.
- Real names are strongly encouraged in comments. We do not tolerate attempts to game this blog for search engine optimization strategies such as repeated use of keywords in the name field. Such comments will be edited or deleted at the discretion of the editor.
- No Sales Pitches. Comments about your product or that of a competitor must be disclosed.
- Occasionally, a blog editor may edit a comment. Any such edit will be made without changing the comment’s intent. If necessary, comment edits will be done only for the purpose of formatting as it relates to the proper display of the text. Strong language may be edited at the discretion of the editor.
- Any post containing a conflict of interest shall be disclosed by the contributing author(s).
For questions about this blog or its policies, please contact me.