You home gives only one first impression to each potential buyer that walks in the door, always try to make it the best one to encourage an offer. Here are 9 tips to get you started:
- De-cluttering and removal of all personal pictures and items. Have the buyer to see the space as something they could own. Too many personal items crowded in a space makes that a challenge for buyers and clutter can detract from the features of a home.
- New neutral, good quality rugs.
- Re-painting several rooms into neutral colors, if needed.
- Replacing and updating lighting fixtures.
- Make any small repairs (or big ones if needed).
- Purchase of matching appliances in the kitchen for a cohesive, finished look.
- Update major furniture (furniture can be rented for the duration of the sale).
- Move furniture to show the rooms to their best advantage, including moving very large furniture out of rooms to give them a more spacious feel.
- Incorporate decorative details that help give the home an inviting, finished feel.